• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Some people...

C

chrisb2999

"You ever wonder why there are so many companies that make and sell PCs? Dell, Gateway, IBM, hp, Toshiba, Sony, Compaq, eMachines, even advanced performing systems like Alienware. But, hmmm, do you know of any other company that sells Macintosh besides Apple? I can't think of any. I wonder why that is . . ."

--some kid at my college that hates apple--

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
chrisb2999 said:
"You ever wonder why there are so many companies that make and sell PCs? Dell, Gateway, IBM, hp, Toshiba, Sony, Compaq, eMachines, even advanced performing systems like Alienware. But, hmmm, do you know of any other company that sells Macintosh besides Apple? I can't think of any. I wonder why that is . . ."

--some kid at my college that hates apple--

PC World, John Lewis and Tesco are three companies that I know of that sell Macs. :p

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Dixons use to sell them. ipods don't seem to have suffered the same fate, you can buy those everywhere.

OP
T

topshot

Dell's you can only order online. Apple do not licence out their software so you don't get companies making custom macs. They did licence it out about 10 years ago but it was a disaster for Appls bottom line.
As for places that sell macs, their are plenty. The places you don't see macs are budget stores like Walmart or Asda (UK). This is becuase the people that shop there are more concerned about price than quality or product differences. So perhaps you could say to the guy at college who hates macs that the reason he doesn't see them in shops is because he goes to cheapskate shops rather than the quality ones you go to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.