MacBook Pro Internet Sharing Issues

Reaction score
I hope there's a solution to this, but there may not be since it's a special problem. I have a macbook pro that gets fine wifi reception across my house in my room. However, my phone's wireless card isnt as good obviously and drops the wifi altogether at times. My plan was to use the wifi from my mac, do a little internet sharing (create a mini wifi network around my mac while still taking from our house wifi), and bam my phone has consistent wifi. Is there a way to do this? Natively? Apps? My phone's bluetooth is NOT compatible with my mac.

I don't think theres a simple way to do it on my computer since this problem probably doesnt occur often I'm sure. When they made the internet sharing function, it wouldnt have made sense to take wifi and make another wifi network w it. But anyways, trying my chances.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
you can only share an internet connection incoming from one interface and leaving another.

e.g. to create a mini wireless network on you Mac through internet connection sharing you would need to have it connected via ethernet and then sharing back out over wifi.

you can't have it 'extend' the wifi by taking the signal and rebroadcasting it.

Perhaps consider something like this

It can extend wireless networks, boosting the strength and range (amongst other things)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.