Kitty Dreams Wallpaper For Free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
This was my first experiment with the free NIK software suite that I downloaded the other day. Google bought out NIK and offered the entire suite for free to previous customers of NIK who nought any of the 6 modules over the past 5 years. Hard to beat that deal as that represents $600 worth of free goodies. They are also selling the entire suite right now for $149 to new customers.

Feel free to use the posted pic as wallpaper on your computers. If you need a bigger file I can provide it for free. I shot this photo with a D800 so the original file is huge and extremely sharp. Enjoy!

Kitty%20Dreams-XL.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice shot as usual Bob. Could you tell us a bit more about the NIK software suite for those of us who are not familiar with it? Thanks.

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Nice shot as usual Bob. Could you tell us a bit more about the NIK software suite for those of us who are not familiar with it? Thanks.

There are 6 modules in the suite designed to do very different things.

1. HDR Efex Pro 2 adjusts the High Dynamic Range of your image by adjusting highlights, mid-tones and shadow areas. It creates some very dynamic looking landscapes especially.

2. Silver Efex Pro 2 is the industry standard to convert your color images into perfect B&W masterpieces. This is one of the first products from NIK that I purchased before the suite offer came up. It uses preset examples for you to choose from on a panel to your left that are all completely adjustable. Adjustments are customizable and can be saved as a favorite preset the next time you want to make a B&W conversion.

3. Sharpener Pro 3 allows for total control over sharpening you image globally or using their selection point process you can choose to sharpen or soften specific areas of any photo.

4. Color Efex Pro 4 contains over 100 special effects filters to bring attention to your subject, change the lighting, and have total control over vignettes. This is one powerful program you'll get to depend on for sure.

5. Viveza 2 is one of my favorite modules because it is the 2nd plug-in module I bought from NIK Software a few years ago. It does things Photoshop can't do. It gives you total spot control over brightness, contrast, saturation & structure. There are also global adjustments that can be made with this module. I use this filter set more than any other.

6. Dfine 2 is a noise reduction module that I have never used. I have experience with Noiseware and Topaz DeNoise but know nothing about NIK's version, Dfine.

You can find out more at: Nik Collection. I hope this helps. If you own Adobe Photoshop, Elements or Lightroom NIK software will work just fine. It's also compatible with Apple's Aperture. You wil not be the price.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks Bob, great explanation and what seems to be a very good price - for new customers. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.