Installed Win 7 to install printer

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Its a pleasure to be on this board.
I just recently switched over to Macs. Now I am going through the withdrawals of learning new ways.
Particularly, I am trying to install my old Samsung printer. It has software that works with Mac 10.3-10.6 software or Win 7(I have OSX 10.8.3 ). As a solution, I installed Parallels and Win 7. I thought this would solve the problem. However, the Mac is not "feeling" when I am plugging in my printer. So the Printer Install Wizard in Win 7 tells me that no printer is connected.

Can anyone help me sort this mess out? I spent the whole day looking for the solution and still had no "love".
Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your Samsung printer is not supported for use in Mountain Lion, then you have to depend entirely on the driver supplied by Parallels. Windows 7 drivers are not used by Parallels since it's being operated as a virtual machine. Your best bet is to buy another printer, one supported by Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Helped if you provide printer details, however have you searched the Samsung Driver Download web site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Second last on your linked list is for Lion OS X.7 so give that a try. Mountain Lion was a smallish upgrade of Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.