Aperture 3 and Dropbox problem

Reaction score
I use Apple's "Aperture 3" for photo storage and processing. I had enabled Aperture to open when EOS is connected, and on the Dropbox window "Save your photos to Dropbox" had unchecked the box for Automatically import photos when EOS_DIGITAL is connected. However, despite the relevant box being checked in Aperture and Dropbox Auto import box being unchecked along with "Never for this device" being clicked on the Dropbox window, each time I insert a memory card with photos, Dropbox has defaulted to Automatically import and the Aperture preferences has changed to "Do nothing" on connection. I have changed these back to how I want them several times, i.e. to open Aperture on connection, but the next time I insert a memory card, Dropbox opens and wants to auto download photos. How do I stop this from happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
unchecked the box for Automatically import photos when EOS_DIGITAL is connected

each time I insert a memory card with photos

You've set not to import from the camera but then you're using a memory card. I suspect thats clouding the issue.

Have you go the latest dropbox client? (currently 2.08 - you can see this on preferences - account)

Try getting that and turning off "enable dropbox camera support"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.