iPad create calendar event window cut off

Reaction score
Anyone know why, when I click on addresses in emails on my iPad, the create event window that pops up is cut off on the right side? I can't see the Done button on the right that allows me to finish the task. I've been searching Google for months and haven't turned up questions about this. Doesn't happen when I launch the same create event window in Calendar.
iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

CreateEventBug.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried a hard reset?

Hold sleep/wake & home until the screen blanks and the apple symbol appears

OP
Demapples
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold sleep/wake & home until the screen blanks and the apple symbol appears
Yes, no effect. This has been an issue since I got the iPad 2 on pre-release order when they first came out. No other problems with the device or the software running on it.

But I finally found this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4609613?start=0&tstart=0. Bug known to Apple and never fixed. Only happens in landscape viewing mode. Workaround is to view emails in portrait then click on the highlighted date fragment in the email: that launches the Create Event window in full. Or, in landscape, the very edge of the Done button might be accessible top right in the cut off window. You'd think they would have fixed that little bug to preserve the "it just works" experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.