Mac Mail

Reaction score
In Mail, is there a way to change a POP Account to a IMAP Account without deleting the account and re-creating it? I tried deleting an account and recreating it but I lost all of the old and many important messages. Can't afford to do that with the remaining 3 accounts I want to change.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which ISP are you using? Google (GMail) allows a change from PoP to IMAP without effecting the current account. Why did you have to delete the account?

OP
V
Reaction score
I'm using a local provider, Consolidated. When setting up the accounts you have to select either POP or IMAP. I was told by the Consolidated tech to use POP but now I have reason to change that to IMAP. But once the accounts are set up that designation is no longer available to select and change. Unless there is a way around it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.