IMac hard drive

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Oh ok. My late 2007 has a 1TB and will take much higher as will your machine, so go for broke if you want. I went with a 1TB WD Black from New Egg.

But like I said above, check the reviews and be sure it's a reliable drive.

You can check Best Buy, just read the reviews first online on what you want then you can buy it at Best Buy.

Also just a note, I had a WD Raptor fail once after a couple of years. WD looked at the date on my receipt, sent me a box, paid for shipping both ways and within 1 week or so I had a brand new WD Raptor without one cent out of my pocket. That impressed me a lot and I have been getting WD ever since.

OP
M
Reaction score
I still haven't open the "monster" but looking ad IFix.com it seems that the HD has a thermal sensor.
Do you think that the new ones already have this sensor?
Tks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The 20" thermal sensor like all older Intel iMacs has the sensor attached to the outside of the drive. You peal it off carefully with it's bracket and put it on the new drive along with a rubber spacer at the top. You just peal them off the old drive and put them on the new one.

Is iFixit saying the 20" has an internal sensor in the drive? Every tutorial I have seen on the 20" says what I said above.

What is the URL of the iFixit article you are reading?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Turn your iMac with the bottom of the Stand upward. There should be a label there. Look for EMC Number and post it please.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To me that OWC one I posted earlier is an excellent video.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you get that EMC number from the stand we can be 100% sure.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes! That is the machine I thought it was. Go for it but the iFixit video does not show her removing the T6 Torx from the Video plug. That is why I like the OWC one more. It shows every step.

Keep us posted.

OP
M
Reaction score
Mac Book Pro battery swellially, ng

Ciao all.

I've just solved, thank to your hints, the problem of the HD on my IMac 20" and here I've a problem with my MBP battery swelling. My touch pad was working very badly and, coincidentally, after taking away the battery, it started working properly again. After looking on Internet about the problem I figured out that it was the battery swelling.
Well, not so bad also because I can easily buy a new battery.
Its cost is, at Apple store, $129.00 + Taxes.

Does anybody know if there is an on-line place where I can find an equivalent?

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.