Macbook Pro 13" (late 2011) won't turn on.

Reaction score
My track pad was acting up, so I did what I normally do; I shut it down and then used an electronics spray cleaner made by 3M to clean it and the reset of the machine. The battery was at about 35% and the health is at 96%. When I tried turning it on, it did not start up. I pushed the battery level button on the side and the lights did not illuminate. I connected the MagSafe adapter and the light did not illuminate. I removed the back cover and checked the RAM and it was unseated so I thought that was the problem so I removed both cards and seated them properly. Nothing. I checked the grounding plates at the back of the machine. Nothing. I removed the battery, disconnected the connector and then reconnected it. Nothing. No other connectors looked unseated. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Electronic spray cleaner contains a large amount of alcohol and can very quickly seep in between parts and seams. Some could have gotten below the track pad on to your logic board and caused a short. Never, ever, use a cleaner spray on your machine. Take the MBP apart and see if you can spot anything. Use the instructions at iFixit: The free repair manual.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.