• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

What program to download saved webinars?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro early 2011, Sierra, 16G ram, 500G SSD boot, 500G 7200 RPM
I watch a lot of saved investment webinars on different sites. I know there are a number of programs that allow me to download YouTube videos, but what is a good one for downloading these webinars?

Then there is the issue of conversion. Is there one program that does it all? I just want to be able to replay the webinars at my leisure. If I don't have to convert, that's fine with me.

Cheaper the better!!

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It really depends on the format they are in and whether you're permitted to save them.

Your first port of call should be the webinar provider to see if they have a downloadable version

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro early 2011, Sierra, 16G ram, 500G SSD boot, 500G 7200 RPM
It appears what I need is a program that allows me to download the most format types. Is there one that is well known? It must download webinars (video type files--whatever format) and allow me to play them back.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As mrplow said, it really depends on how the webinars are streamed and embedded into a webpage. There is no "one size fits all" solution to downloading content from the web. On top of that is the simple issue of whether or not you're allowed to download these.

What is the site?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In my experience with webinars, they're usually locked. Generally, they're proprietary in nature and unless a pay for downloadable version is available, you can not download them with any program or browser. As you have already been advised, contact the copyright holder to see if there is a pay or free downloadable version available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And ones I have taken part in, a DVD of the seminar has been offered for sale as one cannot save the seminar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.