Let You See What Others Are Doing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone new of any program that i could see what another computer was doing on the same network. So say my dad has his powerbook G4 and I am on my imac G5 then i would like something to see what he is doing and take control if possible. I no this can happen because we have it in our school but we run windows in our school :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
in the sharing prefs maybe but they have to be applied on both computers. It maybe Apple Remote Desktop but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
VNC will allow you to do that.

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
could you give me a link to VNC becaise I googled it but it came up with random things!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I use apple remote desktop to access and take control of my mac mini from my ibook.

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks very much ill try it out

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im not really sure what you mean about chicken on my computer?

Reaction score
chicken of the vnc is the vnc viewer client application you use on your computer.

It will make the connection and have the other users desktop in its window.
here is some good reading if you got the time.

Chicken of the VNC Viewer

Chicken of the VNC is a VNC viewer for Mac OSX. After it is installed you run it by clicking on the Chicken of the VNC application icon. Enter the following information.

Host: [host name of the server you wish to connect to]
Password: [vnc password]
Display (or Port): [display number you wish to connect to]
Click 'Connect' and in a few seconds you should see the desktop of the machine running the VNC server. If you are connecting to a Linux machine you will be logged on as the Linux user who started that VNC server session and see the desktop of that user. If you are connected to a Linux server DO NOT log out of Linux when you are finished. Just close the Chicken of the VNC window. If you are connecting to a Mac OSX server you will see the actual local desktop. If a user is logged in locally you will see that desktop, if not you will see a login screen (if the OSXvnc server is running as a service). You SHOULD log off of the MacOSX server when you are finished as that user will remain loggged in locally if you don't.

thats from this good vnc faq website. http://euler.slu.edu/GrantWebPages/PREP06Calc3Maple/VNCsoftware.html

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.