iPad app crash based on device

Reaction score
Could you please tell why iPad application working fine on some devices but crash on some othere iPad device .
It's urgent

please tell me.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It could be one of thousands of reasons.

Care to give some more details about the app, the iOS version(s), the iPad version(s) etc.

The more detail that you can put into your question the more likely you'll get a helpful response

OP
M
Reaction score
Ipad application worked on "iPad Device Version 5.1.1" but it was crash on "iPad Device Version 6.1.3".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
still very little detail.

iPad versions? different iPad? same iPad? an app you bought? which app? an app you developed? submitted to Apple and on App store?

Please, as much info as you can muster.

OP
M
Reaction score
I develop an iPad application.Before kept app onto AppStore.I gave app into Testing team.
They tell that app crash.I don't why it happens.
If app run through Xcode ,i get information where it crash.Then i solve it.
But app run on device with out xcode,then i use CrashReporter i didn't exact error.
CrashReporter shows :"Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x589cea8a" ,So that i don't know how to solve.

1. iPad2 -version 5.1.1
2.iPad2 -version 6.1.3

Please help me.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
A SIGSEGV is a segmentation fault. If you can't get enough information about where the issue might be happening from the crash report from the device, then you will have to do use a divide and conquer method of figuring out what the problem is.

Hopefully you are using source control like GIT to keep track of your source code, so use that and go back to an older version of code that will generate an application that will work on iOS 6.1.3. When you find the working code base, that's your starting point and the latest code base is the failing version. Now find a commit half way between the working and failing and test again. If the half way point works, that's the new good starting point and continue this.

If you ARE using GIT, look into "git bisect" to help you do this a lot faster..

Short of that, if you are the developer, you have access to the sources and are the best equipped to fix this issue, we cannot really help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.