• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MacBook White (2006-2009)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a chance to get a near new or new MacBook White, the poly version which was made until 2009. I had one before but I threw it out and now I'm getting really sentimental about it. I love that thing and the design, it's a CLASSIC! I have a couple of MacBooks now but I still want that one as a collectors item. Only problem is most used ones I see are badly worn, have hardware issues or both. I guess that's inevitable with use and age. My question is, is there anywhere I haven't looked which maybe has "collectors" MacBook Whites?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a chance to get a near new or new MacBook White, the poly version which was made until 2009.

Just a small correction. The last white MacBook was a 2010 model...and it was discontinued February, 2012.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
As Nick said, these were made up until fairly recently for the education system, and as kids tend to beat on them, you probably aren't going to find one in mint condition.

However, even if you find one that's a little beat up, the outer case is always replaceable/restorable, so don't let that turn you away from what could be a really good deal.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can I ask why you threw your old one out? Just curious. I have one here but love it and keeping it.

OP
E
Reaction score
I threw out the old one because it stopped working and I didn't bother to try to fix it. I was threw it out and got a MBP. By the way I'm talking about the one they stopped making in 2009, the square looking one. I know the rounded edge one was made later. I like the added features of the unibody poly MacBook but I hate the rounded edged. Anyways how do you fix it cosmetically?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I threw out the old one because it stopped working and I didn't bother to try to fix it. I was threw it out and got a MBP. By the way I'm talking about the one they stopped making in 2009, the square looking one. I know the rounded edge one was made later. I like the added features of the unibody poly MacBook but I hate the rounded edged. Anyways how do you fix it cosmetically?

I think that what you mean to say is...you like the non-Unibody MacBooks. "Unibody" white MacBooks were made from 2009 onward.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.