'today,' 'yesterday' & 'tomorrow' not working in finder side-bar.

Reaction score
I have a late 2008 iMac. 20” screen. Running 10.8.3.
Processor is 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Memory is 4GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM.

The problem is that the today, yesterday and this week tabs are not working in the finder side-bar. They are displayed there, but when I click on them, an empty finder window comes up (even though I've used dozens of files this week and today).

I have no explanation for the change. I've done nothing to the machine, no downloads, new programmes, etc. I'm a little confused as to why this would just stop working. I've run 'clean my Mac' and re-booted, repaired disk permissions - no change.

Any ideas? I find the recent files searches really useful, and miss the functionality.

Thanks.
CM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Had you used Clean My Mac before you noticed this problem? If so, I'd bet that was the cause of it.

To fix this, you'll probably need to get a new finder.plist file. You have to delete the present one, and then restart the Mac.

OP
C
Reaction score
Had you used Clean My Mac before you noticed this problem? If so, I'd bet that was the cause of it.

To fix this, you'll probably need to get a new finder.plist file. You have to delete the present one, and then restart the Mac.

Hi,
thanks for that; no I used Clean My Mac in response to the problem. I eventually just ended up deleting the tabs from the finder side-bar, then reinstalled them. They work fine now. I've also added a smart folder for 'last 40 days' in case they go bad on me again. Honestly, Apple are getting nearly as buggy as Microsoft.;)
CM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.