music from Macbook Pro to iPod Touch

Reaction score
Sorry to bother...how many times has this been asked before?

My MacBook Pro (2.6 GHz, Core 17...OS X 10.7.5) dosen't seem to "see" my iPod Touch when connected via USB data cable...aaarrrggghhh!
Seem all these problems started when, recently, I tried-out "Cloud" on the iPod...
All I want to do is download music from non-Apple Store sources from my MacBook to my iPod...

Thanks for your help!
Grady James

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

Does the MBP even detect the iPod Touch at all? Does the iPod Touch begin to charge or is nothing happening at all? Have you tried different USB cables? Have you tried different USB devices on the same port on the MBP?

Can the iPod touch with the same cable be detected on another machine? Have you tried power-cycling the iPod touch? Have you tried hard-resetting (holding down power & home buttons)?

OP
G
Reaction score
downloading to iPod Touch from MacBook Pro

Big UP Ashwin!

Thanks for your response...

No, iPod does not start charging when plugged into the Mac...however, when using the same USB cable hooked-up to an AC charging adaptor the "pod" will charge. Duh...this means all USB-to-iPod cables are not created equal?

Luckily there's an Apple Store close by...tomorrow I'll go buy the correct cable there...heck, I've already paid for Apple Care, so might as well take both devices and have some nice sales person take me by the hand and explain the facts of life here!

If you're ever in Santa Cruz, CA give me a shout'n we can go grab a brew on me.

Respect,
gj

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.