macmini 2012 HDMI shows no signal when waking-up from speep

Reaction score
HI
My macmini is 2012 late version and I did all the latest updates including recent EFI and Thunderbolt updates.

My macmini has a HDMI problem.
If I set the sleeping timer to 1 minute and make both TV and macmini go to sleep automatically, both TV and macmini wake up well.
But if I send it to manual sleep using the menu or keyboard, TV doesn't wake up and it shows only "no signal". Macmini itself wakes up and runs well and only TV doesn't wake up (very strange).
This is 100% reproducible in my old LG TV and 20~30% happens in other TVs or monitors. Some times TV just get off while I am seeing a movie. I guess it could be related to heat.

Once the "no signal" problem happens, rebooting or re-plugin of HDMI cable doesn't help. The only way is powering the macmini off and cooling off for more than 15 minutes (strange too).

I got it to the Apple center and they tested and was not sure. They recommanded to use Apple genuine HDMI cable in stead of mine. Or I have to change the main board if I want.
I purchased an Apple cable and also a minidp-HDMI cable as the macmini has a minidp port too.
The Apple cable doesn't help at all but the minidp-HDMI cable works very well (I am using it now).

Does anybody has the same problem?
Or get me your opinion if this is a HW or SW problem.
I guess it might be a HD4000 driver issue but I have to change the board before my warantee period is over if it's a HW problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.