new guy needs help with Opera 10.63 using OS 10.4.11

Reaction score
I am new here but got a lot of help at dealmac over the years. More about that later.

I have several questions hut may I start with this one:

I can easily sign into Yahoo hut cannot get to my Yahoo email. When I try I get a page that says this:

Yahoo! recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo! Mail
Firefox
Optimized for Yahoo! Upgrade

Safari
Latest Version Upgrade

Continue without upgrading.
++++++++++++++

All browsers are the latest. There is nothing mentioned about Opera and nothing there works when I click including Continue without upgrading.

I am on an older Mac. Any clues?

Thank you.

2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2.5 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 'SDRARM
OS 10.4.1.1
Memory: 2.5 GB

How can can I add that to all of my posts automatically?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You mean OSX Tiger 10.4.11? There is no 10.4.1.1. Just being sure.

If so that is a very old OS and newer browsers that support Yahoos newest Interface very well might not work. Have you tried the latest Firefox that will run on 10.4.11?

The issue is with your old OSX you can not upgrade to the latest Safari, Firefox, Opera, and probably Chrome.

OP
J
Reaction score
new guy needs help with Opera 10.63

Wow.. thanks for such a quick reply. dtravis7

Yes to 10.4.11 ..... Sorry.

I have the latest versions of the browsers I use regularly.

Safari 4.1.3
Firefox 3.6.28

I am 66 and love this machine and have no problems except for this question but my next post will be about resetting Fireefox properly.

I need to do this to help some folks at a blog.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Both of those are so old! That is the issue I fear. If I had that machine I would upgrade it to at least Snow Leopard which is $20 from Apple. Then you can install the latest Firefox and Chrome and a very recent Safari and would not have those issues with Yahoo.

I have a Mac Mini with the same specs as your Mac there and it runs Snow Leopard lightning fast.

OP
J
Reaction score
It's not just $20. I have an Epson CX6400 all in one.. and a CX6600 too. I was told they will not work beyond Tiger. Did that change?

I also have older apps that run flawlessly in Tiger but will not with new OS........ Account Edge MYOB version 1 and Word 2004 for Mac.

I am a 66 year old disabled vet .. limited income smf could not afford to upgrade everything.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If they are Power PC Apps they will still run fine under Snow Leopard. It's Lion that took away Rosetta and support for older PPC Only apps.

I understand about the $$$! Will check on those printers and see what I can find.

OP
J
Reaction score
Will check on those printers and see what I can find.

That would be great. . I vaguelly recall that there was a fix I use Word. Will that work on new OS ?

OP
J
Reaction score
I found this some old notes about old printers. If I recall, it installs drivers that can be set up in system preferences but not sure.

Does that mean anything to you?

Gutenprint works in Lion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.