PCI-Cards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
Hi all :D

as i need more USB 2 ports on my Power Mac G4 (Gigabig Ethernet), I just wanted to know if the PCI cards Macs use are the same as the PC's use? :doctor: cuz... honostly... i have no idea :p

Thanks in advance...

:mac:

C

cadsmn

PCI cards are an industry standard and as long as you have an open PCI slot in your machine a PCI card that would fit in your PC should also fit in you Mac. The problem lies in that a particular card may not be supported by Mac OS X. You will want to make sure the card you purchase is supported by Mac OS X. For example the Adaptec USB2 Connect 3100LP USB PCI card is compatible for both the PC and Mac.

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
thanks... i searched a bit..

and wondered if this card can be used in my mac?

Adaptec USB2connect 4000 :)

C

cadsmn

The manufacturer's website states that the USB2connect 4000 is compatible with Mac OS X.

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah.. thank you!!! :D

ill be off to order it tomorrow when i come home from work..

and about the usb hub...: naah,,,, it will just take up more space on my crowded desktop :p plus, i need the full speed...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.