Download trouble

Reaction score
Iv downloaded mountain lion for my mac book and when i try to download new software or an update for flash player or anything off the apple web site it wont download all i get is a black screen can any body help me please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Which Mac do you have?
Have you installed Mountain Lion or just downloaded it?
Does the issue happen in all browsers? Ie have you tried Safari/Chrome/Firefox

OP
D
Reaction score
Which Mac do you have?
Have you installed Mountain Lion or just downloaded it?
Does the issue happen in all browsers? Ie have you tried Safari/Chrome/Firefox
I have a macbook late 2008.Yes iv tried safari chrome and firefox still doesn't let me download i still get a black screen. i downloaded it from the apple app store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So you have installed it? I'm going to assume you have.

Can you describe exactly what happens? i.e. you open Google Chrome, go to adobe.com, go to the flash player page, click download and at that point the screen just goes black? What happens then? Do you have to turn the Mac off?

OP
D
Reaction score
It goes to a new page and says under the the address bar aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/AdobeFlashPlayerinstaller_11_aih.dmg but the page is black there is no writing on the page .I can press the red x inthe corner or press the back button to go back a page.its driving me mad i should have stayed on snow leopard i tryed to install snow leopard by the disc i have but it wont let me.I have done a back up but dont want to format my computer because i cant find some of the software discs that i have installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It sounds like you've got some kind of download manager app or plugin that doesn't work with mountain lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Check safari preferences to see if you have any plugins/extensions. Disable them all for now.

Open system preferences - users & groups - select your user and look at login items

OP
D
Reaction score
I disabled all the plug ins and got rid of login items and i still cant download is there anything else i can do?

OP
D
Reaction score
I dont have any speed downloader or any anti virus software running i have gatekeeper switched to allow from anywhere is there anything else i can do im going crazy here thanks .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Late 2008 MacBooks are not able to run Mountain Lion, Lion OS X.7 is the final operating system that can be installed. Hate to ask but did you download from elsewhere than the App Store?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Also are you sure it's not downloading? I have had a lot of download URL's that took me to a blank page but if you look up in the tool bar for say Safari, there is a Down Arrow and that is showing a progress bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also are you sure it's not downloading? I have had a lot of download URL's that took me to a blank page but if you look up in the tool bar for say Safari, there is a Down Arrow and that is showing a progress bar.

You may have hit on something there. The OP keeps saying blank..... Perhaps they mean blank......

OP
D
Reaction score
I downloaded it from the apple app store everything else is working perfect i also have os x snow leopard disc i might just go back to snow leopard.Why would the app store let me download it if it wont work on late 2008 mac books?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you see the comments about the blank pages?

OP
D
Reaction score
I just fixed it i went into service preference in safari and clicked on restore defaults and now i can download again thank you very much for all your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you got it fixed, but that's not going to fix chrome and Firefox.

Definitely sounds life an app, plugin or extension that isn't compatible with Mountain lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Good work.

If it is running Mountain Lion myst be an aluminium MacBook which sold from about early December 2008/late June 2009. Late releases cause confusion. Take for example what is known as the current iMac, late 2012. They were not available for delivery until this year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.