Uninstalling programs

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Your welcome. Amazing how channeling Bobtomay makes me look like a genius isn't it.:Cool::'(

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welxome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Your welcome. Amazing how channeling Bobtomay makes me look like a genius isn't it.:Cool::'(

You're welxome.

Getting there... ;)

I didn't follow the link, but an expert on another forum always writes that manual deletion is the most effective way to rid your computer of all vestiges of a deleted application. If the app had an Uninstall routine, use that first. Third party uninstall apps won't get everything, but will get the major stuff that you already know how to find.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
As mentioned in the thread referred to by Slydude, AppCleaner is a neat free app that does the job really well: Download AppCleaner for Mac - Uninstall your apps easily. MacUpdate.com
Been using it for years with no problems.

I don't doubt that AppCleaner doesn't create problems of its own, but the linked thread contains this post:

You might mention that for the OCD folks who really want to purge all those pesky little files that AppCleaner will do that for them.

I've read posts by a reliable contributor to another forum many times that contradicts that information. One must be careful when using the words "all" or "every" or "never", etc. In the experience of many, AppCleaner simply does not do what that claim states on a consistent, reliable basis. According to this contributor, the most effective purging of an app remains manual deletion. Those who are interested in more specifics can do a search on the Mac Rumors forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
1. USe Uninstaller where provided.

2. AppTrap or AppCleaner.

3. Drag to Trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.