Boot Camp issues...

Reaction score
Hiya folks. I got help from y'all once before a few months ago, so I thought I'd come back with another of my problems.

I use a Macbook Pro, probably about 3 1/2 years old. Still runs like a champ, but I had been having problems with my Windows 7 64-bit that I had partitioned. Frequent blue-screens. I couldn't figure out how to remedy it, so I decided to put my windows disc in, hoping to fix it with the repair function. It did not work.

So, I backed up all my files, and erased the Windows Partition. When I tried to reinstall Windows using Boot Camp, it told me I did not have the proper drivers -- this was weird, because it had just been running fine recently.

Now, when I start up my Macbook Pro, it acts as if there is a partition in the HD, and tries to open the not-mac side.

So, what I really need to know is, what are these drivers I need and where can I get them?

Thank you for your time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not enough info to help you. What version of OS X are you running?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The drivers are contained on your Snow Leopard DVD. Did you use the Boot Camp Assistant to remove the Windows 7 partition?

OP
P
Reaction score
Yes I did use the Boot Camp assistant.

I thought they were on the Snow Leopard dvd. Do I install them on my Mac partition then? Because I can't even install Windows until some drivers are installed somewhere.

Thanks for the help thus far.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I missed it before, but I see you're trying to install Windows 7 x 64 bit right? Your Snow Leopard DVD does not contain the proper drivers for Windows 7, only for XP and Vista and then for only 32 bit. I believe you're going to have to install a later version of Boot Camp on your Mac before you can install Windows 7 x 64 bit.

When you received the error about not having the proper drivers, did it state that you could download the drivers or update Boot Camp from Apple? It should have.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. How was I able to run Windows 7 64 bit on it before then?

It did tell me I could download them on the apple site, but to be honest I couldn't navigate their help pages. They had hundreds of driver downloads, but no indication as to which ones I need/have. Downloading a new Bootcamp is a good idea, though -- I don't know why I didn't think about that.

I will give it a shot and tell you the results!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.