Questions for upcoming macbook

J

justwes

First hello everyone :)

As you can see by my wonderful post count I'm a new member here and as you can probably guess I'm also new to the world of Apple.

I'm both excited & nervous about this change, but I'm sure with help from this site and a few Mac users I work with I'll do good.

I've ordered myself the horribly named Macbook Pro and it should hopefully be here by March 1st. But to get to the reason for this post.

I will need, most likely, a new laptop bag as well as a new mouse.

My current portable system is a 15.4 Alienware and I use a bag that I bought from the good folks at Alienware that has been a great bag for the past two years ( Alienware bag ). I've been shopping around for the past few days trying to find a laptop backpack that fits the new 17" Macbook ( I think it's going to be the same size as the current 17" Powerbook ) but it's not been easy. So if anyone here has some suggestions please post some links.

The other issue I'm currently dealing with is trying to find a good Bluetooth mouse since the Macbook has built in Bluetooth.

I've looked around first at Apple's store and the Bluetooth mice they have there don't have good reviews and the single button mouse isn't very appealing.

This mouse here is the one that has caught my eye and I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts and if anyone has some alternative options please post them.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my rambling post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How did you order a 17" MacBook??... no such thing exists.

The MacBook is a 15.4" screen. If you like, your current bag should do the job nicely

OP
J

justwes

D3v1L80Y said:
How did you order a 17" MacBook??... no such thing exists.

The MacBook is a 15.4" screen. If you like, your current bag should do the job nicely
oops!! good point, was thinking total size for some reason, no other place I could have gotten that silly number. Thanks for pointing that out :dummy:

I've thought about keeping the current bag, but my plan is to sell the other machine ( either locally to my boss, or eBay ) so there's a good chance I'll need a new one. Also I'm heading back to school ( 12 years! ) and I think that the extra space a backpack can provide migh tbe welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Well, there is one other place you could've got that number: by accidentally ordering a 17" PowerBook. If you DID order a MacBook, your existing case SHOULD be fine, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.