Hardware

Reaction score
I need a new printer for my Mac (Tiger X OS).

Since this is quite old, can you suggest what choices I have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I need a new printer for my Mac (Tiger X OS).

What do you need/want in a printer? Laser or ink jet? High capacity? High resolution? Color? Multifunction?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Once your answers lifeisabeach's question..take a look at the big brand names out there, Canon, HP, and so on and visit their site to find printers that match your requirement. Then go to the drivers section to see if you can find drivers specifically for OS X Tiger..

I'd venture to guess that a majority of our members are running Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion on here with only a small handful running Tiger, so you have to do some research too..:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Not many. New printers that support Mac OS X are not going to have drivers for Tiger. Like you've been told, go to the various printer manufacturer web sites and check especially looking at the drivers supplied. Almost every new printer that I have recently purchased provided drivers for Snow Leopard and above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.