Notes similar to Evernote but safe

Reaction score
Hi,

I am searching for a notes software that is similar to Evernote but that is more secure. Recently, their servers where hacked and users report of loss of data and security problems. I don't really need the cloud, I was happy with local sync via USB between my Palm and my laptop for a long time, and that would clear up my security concerns.

Here are my needs:
- Notes software with clients that run on Mac OS X and iOS, iPhone app (and linux if available).
- Secure encryption of text notes and encrypted data transfer (I am not a security expert so I would be happy about some advice what encryption is secure nowadays).
- Local sync between Mac OS X and iPhone via USB cable, no cloud solution.
- Availability of tags to search within text notes.
- Attachment of images to text notes (particularly pdfs generated from iphone photos).
- Export capability as txt files to create backups - I would like to be able to read these notes even after 10 years without the need of proprietary software just as I can read the notes that I took with my Palm back in 1998 :)

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.