Can you buy this at a local apple store?

M

Mitch

Hi,

I was wondering if you can order a macbook pro at a local apple store instead of from the Apple Store Online. The reason for this is because I'd like a tangible receipt where if anything goes wrong, I can go there to the place I bought it and say "Hey, this isn't working correctly." Whereas with ordering online, you can't do that...

Mitch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
For the Apple store in Toronto you can get on the waiting list, they call you, you have 24 hours to go and pay and pick it up.

You will probably get it faster ordering online... but I understand your reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Mitch said:
Hi,
... I can go there to the place I bought it and say "Hey, this isn't working correctly." Whereas with ordering online, you can't do that...

Mitch

Actually, you can get excellent service online from Apple. Granted, you can't actually walk to a brick and mortar building, but you can call the support line, and they will troubleshoot with you. If there is a real problem, they will send out a box for you to ship it back and have it repaired. I have had to do so with my iPod and an iBook I had in the past. The turnaround time for each was less than one week, and they came back in perfect working order... even better than they were when I first purchased them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually over here (europe) you can take your Apple product to any apple service partner to get fixed or looked at.
Apple obviously also provides you with a real receipt etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yea I have taken my iMac to the apple store even though I bought it online. I just brough my apple care number (which they could look up anyways) and they took care of everything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.