C++ IDE and/or Compiler for other OS

M

Mitch

Hi,

I already know about XCode, which looks great, but I'm also looking to develop some windows applications (ew yes i know) using Apple, so I was wondering if there was any IDE or compiler I could use to do that.

Also, is there any generic compilers out there I could use? I'm going to be programming for a custom OS that runs my school's robotic division's robots. It does stuff like programming the timing of certain gears moving, firing of gas tanks to shoot things, etc. Fun stuff, but I need a compiler :)

Thank you!
Mitch

Reaction score
If you can find it you could try CodeWarrior. I think they discontinued it. Last time I looked I think it supported cross compiling.

OP
R

ramprasad

Hi,

You just develop your application using java if possible.If not still try to use Java Native Interface to inetroperate with other lanaguages.. So obviously your application will work across all platforms

OP
M

Mitch

ramprasad said:
Hi,

You just develop your application using java if possible.If not still try to use Java Native Interface to inetroperate with other lanaguages.. So obviously your application will work across all platforms

Thanks but I ended up just dual booting OS X and XP on my MBP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.