Memory Card Emergency

Reaction score
I have a Sony Canon camera and I noticed that memory was being taken up because of that annoying .trashes function, so I used disk utility to erase the card. At the time, there were three little port icons. I later noticed that it changed the name of both the ports to "UNTITLED"(it used to be something like U-1 and PMB PORTABLE)
When I turned on my camera again, it said "Error formatting memory card". When I selected "Format" it said the memory card was locked. I believe it has to do with when I erased the memory card.
I have already looked online for over an hour now, to no avail.

If anyone could help, I would REALLY appreciate it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Never use anything but the camera to reformat its memory card since most of them use a proprietary folder or file system. You probably need to buy a new memory card for your camera if it no longer can be formatted. As a last resort, try formatting it again with Disk Utility but this time use FAT-32.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.