Sony bluetooth portable speaker

Reaction score
The new Sony bluetooth portable speaker - SRS-BTX500 - has received great reviews (best in class) but I don't know if it'll work with my 27" iMac currently running OSX 10.6.8. Sony doesn't say. Their support person said, "probably". Does anybody know more?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There's no reason why it wouldn't. Your Mac has bluetooth audio profiles that match the Sony and if push comes to shove the speaker has a 3.5mm aux in.

Though for me (I appreciate that everyone's requirements are different) it's a very expensive box for the features it offers.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the encouragement. The reason I'm interested is that I used to have a very nice sound system before my wife and I started living in a fifth wheel trailer full time. I crave good sound and the Sony seems the best for our limited space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.