getting problem while installing ubuntu (Linux free version) on PowerBook G4

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have some problem as earlier i installed Yellow Dog on My PowerBook G4 but my cousin forget the credentials and not able to access so he want to completely remove his yellow dog linus os and want to install UBUNTU(linux free version).
I loaded the ubuntu on pendrive as a bootable drive.

My problem is how i can change the boot option in Mac book so that i can install os from pendrive as i am only see one black screen in which only two option is there as press "I" for boot linux yellow dog or press "c" for boot from cd rom.

Please suggest what to do, if get the screen shots or link of vedio then that is very helpfull.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If memory serves me you can't boot from USB on a G4. Burn Ubuntu to a disc and install from there

OP
A
Reaction score
since i have a usb cdrom because i dont have in built cdrom in g4 ,
so my question is as if from usb drive i am not able to boot then how could it supports usb cdrom.

please help for this query that is i can boot from usb cdrom or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Don't really follow your last post I'm afraid.

How did you install Yellow Dog?

OP
A
Reaction score
i really dont know as because some computer shop vendor done this.

But now i want to do it by my own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It will boot from an external DVD/CD drive but not from USB

Hold Option down on startup

OP
A
Reaction score
but sir, external dvd/cd is also connected to mac book by usb port then how mac book can boot from external dvd/cd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's the device that's different. No the interface.

OP
A
Reaction score
since, i also tried from external dvd/cd rom but while pressing option down , i only seen things as
one as refresh sign button, second image of hard disk image and third is return sign as "-->",

i am not seen any boot device or dvd rom except hard disk.

please send me screen shots if it is possible or a link of a vedio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Screenshots? Video?

Holding option or C is all you need to do. If your drive is working and the DVD of Ubuntu has been burned correctly and is bootable it will work.

Do you have another machine you can try the disc on?

OP
A
Reaction score
ok sir, i will try this also and if i again get problem then i will send a screen shot of all process in which my machine is stuck.
Because if someone can install yellow dog on it then i can also install ubuntu on it but i have a doubt that previously may be the computer vendor done by Lan wire(networking)
Since, if i can remove the password of yellow dog from command propt then that is also helpful for me.
Please give the way if there is any possibility to remove password from command promt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.