Wireless Printer Connection

Reaction score
Before I moved, my MacBook printed great wirelessly to my Canon MG6120 Pixma printer. I've moved in with a friend and while my MacBook is using her wifi, I can not get my printer to print wirelessly. Most of my things are still in storage right now, so I don't have th printer's USB cord to plug directly into my MacBook. Any other possible suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to need to go through the Canon setup procedure all over again. Remove the printer from System Preferences, Print & Scan (depends on which version of OS X you're running) and run the entire install setup again including the wireless portion. For that you will definitely need a USB cable to attach the printer to your Mac and the original setup instructions you received with the printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.