Bluetooth Keyboard Problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I can't get my bluetooth keyboard to type. The keyboard is connected and ON and the batteries have full power.

To add to this pleasure, I rebooted my computer, it is now asking for me to type in my password, of course this is not possible without the keyboard functioning correctly.

Any advice would be very welcomed!

Thanks so much!

Jane

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you check the BT status of your machine? You didn't tell us which Mac you have or its version of OS X but in order to check... Open Applications, Utilities, System Information.app, Bluetooth. See what the status is and what has been paired. Let us know. Also, if you have other BT devices (Mouse, etc.) are they working OK?

In the meantime, you might try resetting the PRAM and also the SMC.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you I'll check and let you know! Unfortunately I can't get past the log in area as it's requesting a password which of course I'll need my keyboard to input.. Any clues?

Thanks again! Jane

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Any wired USB keyboard will work, even an older one from a Windows machine. I always keep a wired keyboard on hand for just this type of emergency. Let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.