Hey, Hey, Hey...My New Mac is on its Way!!

I

innereye

I'm so excited I just can't sleep. I just ordered a brand new shiny Dual-core 2.0GHz G5!! It's not the fanciest G5 I know, but compared to my current 700MHz PC it will be like night and day. GOODBYE WINDOWS!!! In fact that thing might just GO....out the window!!

OK, that's all. I just wanted to share my excitement and announce my official conversion to the mac! I feel like Eddie Murphy in Coming to America..."I am very happy to be here!" Now (because I don't have the funds of Eddie Murphy) I am off to bed....to wake up early....to go find a job....to pay for the bill....that comes with the mac....that replaced the pc....that caught a virus....that caused the stress....that forced the switch to the computer that Mac built!!!!

Yes, I know that Apple built it, but I couldn't end it with "the computer that apple built" now could I?

Ok...I need sleep!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Congrats on your new machine. Having once been in a similar situation, I can safely say that you're in for a treat!

And yes... this IS the house that MAC built!
:)

OP
I

innereye

Thanks Guys!! It should be here tomorrow!! I feel like a kid on Christmas eve! I could wait until tomorrow, but I'm curious if someone could tell me what is "OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner" for?

OP
I

innereye

uh.. I hope my original post wasn't too obnoxious, I'm just very excited to get rid of my pc and jump into the mac world!!! I'm not sure why I ever bought a pc to begin with??

OP
B

BoingoBongo

I just got my new iMac today and I love it. I can't believe what a great computer it is! I know you'll love yours just as much. :)

OP
I

innereye

Did you get it from Mac Mall? That's where I ordered mine from and to be honest I didn't have the greatest experience with their customer service. They were friendly and all, but there was a problem with the order and I only found out by calling them 5 times and talking to 5 different people. It was eventually straightened out, but I was starting to get a little frustrated.

Reaction score
I ordered from Apple, when I ordered, it was said to be in stock, but it isn't scheduled to ship for another week. I am tempted to just order from Amazon instead, it will cost a bit more but I really don't feel like waiting anymore. My laptop sleeve, that I ordered the day after my iBook, arrived today :(.

OP
I

innereye

That surprises me. I originally wanted to order directly from Apple but a friend suggested MacMall and after seeing their promotions I just couldn't pass it up. I got a free wacom tablet (probably low end) and a free printer and a 1GB ram upgrade. I really wanted that imac, but it doesn't leave much room for upgrades and I don't want to buy another computer for years to come. I hope I made the right decision, I spent countless hours researching. Not to mention I wasted a lot of time looking on ebay but I kept coming across scam after scam so I just bit the bullet and ordered a new one.

OP
B

BoingoBongo

innereye said:
Did you get it from Mac Mall? That's where I ordered mine from and to be honest I didn't have the greatest experience with their customer service. They were friendly and all, but there was a problem with the order and I only found out by calling them 5 times and talking to 5 different people. It was eventually straightened out, but I was starting to get a little frustrated.

I ordered directly from Apple. Great experience! The only snag was that I had to order with a family member's credit card (my debit card didn't have a high enough limit). I wrote a check and used their card, and when my AppleCare plan came it was in their name and not mine. It's totally understandable though. I already talked to Apple and can call back as soon as I can pry myself away from my new computer to get it tranfered over. Kinda funny actially.

Reaction score
I ordered another iBook from Amazon today, I'll keep whichever gets here first :)....maybe both

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
I got my iBook from Amazon a few days before Christmas. Shipping was almost immediate. The iBook arrived in only 3 days. The best part of the deal is after a $100 rebate I only paid $799 for it with no sales tax. I highly recommend Amazon if you don't need to customize.

have fun with your Mac! I am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Sure it may not be the best machine around but HOT ****, that's a good machine. As the apple website says, "Welcome to digital nivana"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
"Dual Core 2.0ghz G5"...hmm...lol, you mean a Dual Core 2.0ghz iMac, the G5 is the previous PowerPC, which is not present in the machine you bought. Regardless, congratulations.

Reaction score
tiger1964 said:
I got my iBook from Amazon a few days before Christmas. Shipping was almost immediate. The iBook arrived in only 3 days. The best part of the deal is after a $100 rebate I only paid $799 for it with no sales tax. I highly recommend Amazon if you don't need to customize.

have fun with your Mac! I am.

Only $799? Thats awesome, mine will be $899 after rebate. My iBook from amazon is scheduled to arrive before the one from Apple is scheduled to ship.

I thought I was the only person from Indian that posts here....guess I was wrong.

Greenredfield said:
"Dual Core 2.0ghz G5"...hmm...lol, you mean a Dual Core 2.0ghz iMac, the G5 is the previous PowerPC, which is not present in the machine you bought. Regardless, congratulations.

Go look at the PowerMac G5, they are dual core processors.

edit: Amazon just shipped so the Apple order got cancelled, should be here early next week.

OP
I

innereye

Hi All!! Just wondering if everyone is enjoying their new macs as much as I am?? This thing is sooooooo much more than I ever could have expected. It takes a little getting used to (like no right click), but I am really impressed! I've been trying to transfer all my files from my pc, but it's such a drag after working on the mac for 48 hours. I wish I could just scrap them and start over fresh, but that would be years of work down the drain.

Jabjabs said:
Sure it may not be the best machine around but HOT ****, that's a good machine. As the apple website says, "Welcome to digital nivana"

You weren't joking, I got the bottom end G5 and after working on it for a couple of days, It's almost hard to believe that it could get even better than this.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which mouse did your Mac come with? If it's the Mighty Mouse you do have right click. If not get any Logitech or anything else good and plug it in and you will have your right click and Scroll also. The Mighty Mouse by default is set to one button. You have to set it up for multi buttons.

For now you can hold CTRL and click and get the right click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
mynameis wrote:
I thought I was the only person from Indian that posts here....guess I was wrong.

LOL, well now there are 2 of us!! Macs aren't really all that popular up here (Fort Wayne). The nearest Apple store is in Indy. Its really hard to find one (Mac) here.

I bought mine without ever even seeing one up close! And I love it! Good luck with yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.