strange lines across screen !?...

Reaction score
algarve in sunny southern Portugal,near the sea
Your Mac's Specs
intel 17'', 2Ghz I-Mac replaced under warranty by an alu 20'' iMac
Hi Guys

for some reason i have no clue about, my trusty iPhone 3GS has started showing these lines or stripes horizontally across its screen.
in everyday use they don't REALLY interfere but they ARE annoying & i'm afraid if left unattended they might develop into something worse ?
if the screen background is clear ( white, tray, etc.. depending on app used ) the lines display as black & vice versa - very odd....

please check photo here :
the ''freakish lines'' | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

as you can see on the attached photo, i chose to photograph the iPhone's screen just before it disconnects so you can clearly see the lines

does anyone have ANY idea why this is happening ? & how to cure it if possible...

any help will be VERY welcome, many thanks in advance

cheers

Nuno

C

chas_m

That's a pretty old iPhone, but that alone wouldn't be causing that effect. Has it been manhandled, dropped, had any accidents or contact with liquids?

OP
N
Reaction score
algarve in sunny southern Portugal,near the sea
Your Mac's Specs
intel 17'', 2Ghz I-Mac replaced under warranty by an alu 20'' iMac
Hi Chas

as you say it IS a few years old & despite it's Otterbox protective case, yes, it has had it's fair share of ''falls'' - a few i managed to prevent a direct hit with the pavement by quickly placing my foot under it but....on a couple of occasions i couldn't !

however having said that, last time it fell was quite a while ago... :-(

C

chas_m

I'd be inclined to say all that abuse has finally taken its toll ... it is as these things go an old phone ... something on the logic board is finally giving it up would be my guess ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Sorry posted twice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.