New to iCloud - Setup Confusion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
Hey guys,

I am just getting started with iCloud an am a bit confused with regards to configuring across my devises.

At the moment I seem to have one icloud account, linked to 2 email addresses - an @icloud.com email & my apple id email addy (both addresses bring up the same account!)

My iCal is currently showing 2 sets of calendars down the left column: "iCloud" & "p17-caldav.icloud.com" - both have exactly the same cals in them. Thus, my iCal has 2 of e.thing showing on it

I want to get rid of one of these sets of cals whilst making sure I dont get rid of the wrong one and all my old events get deleted..

Can anyone decipher what is going on and what i will need to do to get just one iCloud account/version of my info, up and working consistency across my mac & iphone.

many thanks,
j

C

chas_m

At the moment I seem to have one icloud account, linked to 2 email addresses - an @icloud.com email & my apple id email addy (both addresses bring up the same account!)

Yes, this is normal. When you join iCloud, you will receive a free @icloud.com email address. You don't have to use it for anything if you don't want to.

My iCal is currently showing 2 sets of calendars down the left column: "iCloud" & "p17-caldav.icloud.com" - both have exactly the same cals in them. Thus, my iCal has 2 of e.thing showing on it

You have not turned off Calendar syncing in iTunes yet. Do that and you will have only one Calendar -- just let iCloud do the syncing.

Screen Shot 2013-05-08 at 4.41.03 AM.jpg

See how these prefs are UNchecked in iTunes on my Mac? That's because I have turned on iCloud syncing for these things in the iCloud preference pane in System Preferences.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
Yes, this is normal. When you join iCloud, you will receive a free @icloud.com email address. You don't have to use it for anything if you don't want to.

You have not turned off Calendar syncing in iTunes yet. Do that and you will have only one Calendar -- just let iCloud do the syncing.

View attachment 19041

See how these prefs are UNchecked in iTunes on my Mac? That's because I have turned on iCloud syncing for these things in the iCloud preference pane in System Preferences.

Hi Chas,

My itunes settings are showing as - see below.

Also, my Notes aren't sycing as there are no notes in my mac notes app.
My calendars are also acting weirdly now, deleting events as soon as i create them on the mac - its sporadic, seems like the cloud/phone is acting as master to the iCal slave on the mac & overwriting everything.
I have attached my System Pref settings for iCloud below also.

Screen Shot 2013-05-10 at 12.54.24.png

Screen Shot 2013-05-10 at 12.56.30.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.