Question re: MacBook Pro crash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello everyone,

I have a 2009 13" MacBook Pro and have not had any trouble with it in 4 years until tonight.

I experienced a "crash" in that my MBP locked up and would not respond. I turned it off and then back on and the same thing happened. I then tried it again and no better. After that i turned it off yet again, unplugged it and waited about 20 minutes.

After that it is running fine again. No more spinning beach ball, frozen keys and frozen mouse cursor.

Do you think i should take it in to the Apple Store and have them take a look at it or do you think it just got "hung up" and is now ok?

Thanks so much for your input. Always most appreciated!

best to you,

rick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It would have been great if you told us which version of OS X you're running so we could better advise you what to do.....?

You may have a failing hard drive which you can check for yourself. Let us know.

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
It would have been great if you told us which version of OS X you're running so we could better advise you what to do.....?

You may have a failing hard drive which you can check for yourself. Let us know.

Thanks for the response. I am running 10.7.5. Im not sure how to check my hard drive but would appreciate any input. Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.