Time capsule empty - backups on desktop

Reaction score
Hi, The power went out & my iMac wouldn't reboot past the white screen. To fix this issue, tried reinstalling the OS but I was unable to restore everything from my Time Capsule backup because there weren't any backups avail. I found all of my backups 'backups.backupdb' on my desktop. Somehow I was able to restore my photos, music & docs through the time machine. It took forever. Then the next day I received my snow leopard in the mail which I needed for my iPhone 5 to work with iTunes. I installed that tonight & my time capsule now only has one backup. All of my other backups are on my desktop & the icon looks like it can be ejected. Is there a way to get these back onto my time capsule & restore my computer to the latest backup before the power went out? I'm scared to turn off my computer & my brain hurts.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can understand what I'm saying & give me a solution.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

You were fortunate. When the iMac is back the way you want it activate Time Machine. Personally prefer cloning the drive to an external that way you have a bootable backup in the case of failure (touches wood).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.