Import favorites to iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
How do I import my internet links to my iPad from my iMac?

Tried, but no luck! :Grimmace:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your Internet links or web pages should be synced automatically from Safari which is on your iMac. Are you using Safari on your iMac and are you using your iPad on the same network as your iMac?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Your Internet links or web pages should be synced automatically from Safari which is on your iMac. Are you using Safari on your iMac and are you using your iPad on the same network as your iMac?
Safari on the iPad and Firefox on the iMac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They won't sync that way. Your iPad will automatically sync bookmarks from Safari on your Mac, but like I stated above, they have to be on the same network. I use Chrome and Opera on my Mac and Safari on my iPad 3. Whenever I want to sync bookmarks, I run Safari on the iMac, file up the iPad on my network and they sync within seconds.

C

chas_m

So you options are to import your bookmarks to Safari on the Mac, switch to using that and then everything's in sync all the time, OR you could look at using a third-party bookmark syncing service (I have no experience with any of them, but XMarks is an example of what I'm talking about) and sync all your browsers to it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, XMarks will work but am not sure about working to sync with Firefox. I know it doesn't work with Opera. I just checked their website and it does work with Firefox. You're in luck.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
No luck

No luck with anything I tried. Obviously I'm missing something basic. I'm going into the hospital for 5 days and wanted the links from my iMac.

What will be very frustrating is that when I find the answer I'll see how easy it really is, I'm sure.:[

C

chas_m

1. Export your bookmarks on Firefox.
2. Import them into Safari.
3. Sync with your iPad, making sure that syncing bookmarks via iCloud is on.

Done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.