Applications Organized on Start-up

Reaction score
I would like to know if I can have all the applications organized in different Desktops like I want to have them: In one desktop, I have Calendar, Contacts, Mail...on other desktop I have Pocket and Reeder... but when I turn on my computer, all the apps appear on the same desktop.
Does someone know how to have the apps I want oppened in different desktops without moving them by yourself?

C

chas_m

Yes, you can do this. Using Mission Control, you can "assign" apps to particular spaces (so for example Safari always opens in space one, Mail in space two etc).

Once that's done just set those apps to open on login and they will go to there assigned spaces on launch.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
One further thing to add: if you want your desktops to remain in exactly the same order all the time—go into Preferences>Mission Control and Uncheck the box "Automatically rearrange spaces based on most recent use".

Of course, you may prefer to have your desktops open according to most recent use, but at least you know where to control this to suit your purpose.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.