Recommended iPod cases

D

djmitch

I haven't decided yet whether to buy the video iPod or the nano, but I'm wondering which cases are the best at preventing scratches and keeping dust out of the case. I also want the case to cover the ENTIRE iPod and not just the screen and click wheel.

The iSkin looks like it does all these things (I like the raised screen shield idea), but it's a little pricey. Is it worth it or is there a better alternative? The Trendy Shields look simple and the price is definitely good, but maybe they're TOO simple and of poor quality.

What is your recommendation for an iPod case and why? (Including cases other than the ones mentioned above.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iSkins are fantastic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
Agent18 are great for all around with the exception of weather. they are clear and hard and cover the screens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
iShield (If they haven't gone out of business)
What better than a giant fat plastic shell protecting your ipod!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
are you saying agent18 shield is fat? because its not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
Agent18 is what I got a couple weeks ago and love it! Compliments the new ipods very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
I meant iShield. iShields are really fat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I got the black iSkin - it completely protects. Much better than some simple neoprene sleeve. Its $35 but worth it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
i have a DLO case for my ipod mini, i like DLO's product line, but iSkin is also very good, only thing i dont like bout most of the iskins is theres not a screen cover, unless you buy an extra one. My DLO case has a screen cover and the only thing thats open is the connector and the wheel. my iskin for my fiancee's Ipod Video is open at the screen , so it gets scratched and the wheel is open too.

All depends on what you like too. Personally ima get another case for the video to prevent more damage. iSkin is also more expensive compared to DLO's cases running $20 and under.

OP
R

Rena Bella

I Love the iSkin cases. They are a bit pricey but when I take my ipod out, it looks brand new.
Nothing is left exposed, and everything is protected. Its great. Highly recommanded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I use an Agent 18 Clickshield, and it kicks the crap out of every other case on the market. I can actually see my iPod, and it protects againt EVERYTHING.

My sister has an iSkin. She can't even turn her hold switch off. It doesn't come with a screen protector. I don't mean to badmouth it, but c'mon...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
to_tough_to_die said:
My sister has an iSkin. She can't even turn her hold switch off. It doesn't come with a screen protector. I don't mean to badmouth it, but c'mon...

Does she have the 5th gen video iPod? the 4th didn't have the protector, but the evo3 rocks!
Edit: I got a pic too!

iSkinEVO3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
to_tough_to_die said:
I use an Agent 18 Clickshield, and it kicks the crap out of every other case on the market. I can actually see my iPod, and it protects againt EVERYTHING.

I have a Clickshield, and in fact, I bought that before I bought the Contour Showcase. The Clickshield is great looking, and well made, but:

1) If you intend to sometimes dock your iPod, it's a bit more difficult to remove the iPod from a Clickshield.
2) When you do remove your iPod from the Clickshield, you now have 2 pieces of case to put somewhere.
3) It protects from scratches, etc, but because it's so hard/rigid, I can't imagine it provides any shock protection at all if the iPod's dropped.

The Showcase opens like a book, making it very easy to remove the iPod, and, the edges are nicely rounded, and made with a bit of softer type material. Granted, it's not much, but if I had to drop my iPod on a hard surface, I'd rather it fall in the Showcase than in the Clickshield.

So, I think the Clickshield has a bit of an edge on looks, but for ease of use and protection, I think the Showcase might have the edge. Just my opinion though.

Mark

OP
U

UncSki1218

yeah i have the agent 18 video sheild. its great. hard protection while still showing the ipods beauty. my friend got the iskin that i hesitated to get. it is pretty cool nad definetly keeps dust out. his only complaint is the rubber covering the hold switch. besides that he loves it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I too have an Agent 18, excellent product.

If you want the real skinny on iPod cases, with reviews on almost everything available today for every iPod model, go to iLounge. They are the single best resource on the web, bar none.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.