This Could Drive Me Back To WinDoze

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I've been running Mountain Lion on a 2010 MacBookPro (bought brand new) with 8GB of memory and a 250GB hard drive. For months and months I've been seeing the "spinning beach ball" pop up all over the place, sometimes even when I go from one open app to another that's already open.

I took it to the Apple Store and they diagnosed a bad hard drive connector and replaced that. The beach ball kept showing up. I took it BACK to the Apple Store and it passed all the diagnostics they threw at it. They suggested that I let them send it to their service center in Memphis and they could diagnose it even deeper, so I let them do that.

In 4 days they called to say it was back, so I picked it up. They had replaced the logic board and installed a new 500GB hard drive, at no cost since I still have AppleCare on it. Within 2 days, the spinning beach ball of death was BACK. And it's still popping up.

I will appreciate any and all suggestions and recommendations. This is maddening; I no longer have any faith in the "Apple Geniuses."

Thank you all in advance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I will appreciate any and all suggestions and recommendations. This is maddening; I no longer have any faith in the "Apple Geniuses."

Thank you all in advance.

Been discussed many many times (that's why I have the links in my signature):). Please read "speedup" & "beach balls".

- Nick

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Don't take that drive. No beach balls, but lots of other headaches that you'll reacquaint yourself with if you do. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.