Power Mac G4 processor upgrade question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) 400 MHz
Currently i'm using a Power Mac G4 Gigabit Ethernet 400 MHz. The Gigabit Ethernet is also availlable with either a dual 450 MHz, or dual 500 Mhz processor. The Power Mac G4 Sawtooth sold before the Gigabit Ethernet came with single processors in speeds of 350, 400, 450, or 500 MHz. My question, is it possible to replace my processor with a single 450 MHz or single 500 MHz? Has anyone any experience doing this upgrade before?

One thing i thought about was the difference in voltage when using a single processor in comparission to a dual processor. Would the computer send the voltage level used by a dual processor to the single processor? Thank you in advance for anyones advice or help. :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
digital audio G4 /466
check thid out dude.
www.macupgrades.co.uk
there's some info that could help .I haven't done it myself and soon will be getting a second hand upgrade to G5 as I'm still using Mac G4 digital audio 466

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.