Safari and Mail app problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a few problems I would like to hopefully have some help with. I am new to the forum but not to Mac's as everything I have technology wise is an Apple product.

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro (7.1) 13 inch with a 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor, 16GB memory 250 GB HD and 10.8.3 OSX ML. 56 GB unused on HD.

First, I use the mail app for my ymail.com email. I have 2 problems with Mail. First I keep getting an notification that mail can't connect to account "ymail.com" enter password. I do so and it logs back in but after 15-30 minutes reappears. Secondly, when I try to send emails from the mail app that have attachments it goes to the outbox and never sends. A message pops up saying can't connect to xxxxxx server please try another one. Nothing works to solve the issue and send the email. I have to directly go to safari-yahoo-mail-compose a new message with the attachments to send.

Secondly, Safari has been giving me fits. If I open 3-4 webpages I will get the rainbow wheel although I can still scroll and do everything on the webpage like selecting articles off of yahoo. When I go to open another webpage it states safari needs to force reload all webpages.

Here are some stats on my operating system.

CPU usage
10%

Memory
1.6GB Wired
4.1GB Active
1.9GB Inactive
8.35GB Free

Kernel task is highest user at 1.11 GB
Mail- 863MB
Safari- 550 MB

Noted that I have had this problem for a while. I wiped clean (loosing important family pictures and data transferring it to external that somehow did not transfer) and reinstalled ML. I have and run MacKeeper (may not now that I have read some hard evidence on these people) for added security. And I do download tv show torrents thru Vuze. I am overseas in Afghanistan so I dont want to hear piracy crap. I have listed all I can think of on the issue and my setup. If any more is needed feel free to ask.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't want to hear piracy crap and neither do we. Please read our guidelines.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.