Wont start!

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a 2009 era Macbook pro. After I connect it to the power (the green light is lit up) and then press the power on button, the laptop does not power up. I tried long press, short press, nothing works. No lights light up on the laptop when i press the power button, and there is no startup music or anything like that. This is the same whether I am starting with a battery or without a battery.

As background info, I would like to add this; my laptop had the 'warping' battery issue; the battery became so warped, it was physically impossible to place it on a table. At that point I took it to Apple service, and they advised me to take out the battery and use without a battery till i purchased a replacement battery. At that time, and for a few days more, the laptop worked fine, without battery when connected to mains power. Then a few days later, it just wouldn't start. Thinking a new battery would solve the problem, I purchased a battery. Sadly, and as described above, the laptop does not power up, with or without the battery.

Any ideas and suggestions, will be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
My 07' MBP had the same problem quite often, i just bought a new battery and it worked.
Is the charge indicator full on the battery? I often had to let mine charge up before it came to life.

Hopefully this helps, if not though i recommend you go to the nearest apple store of talk to them because that is not normal.

OP
M
Reaction score
My 07' MBP had the same problem quite often, i just bought a new battery and it worked.
Is the charge indicator full on the battery? I often had to let mine charge up before it came to life.

Hopefully this helps, if not though i recommend you go to the nearest apple store of talk to them because that is not normal.

I 've been charging the new battery for days, still wont start. When I press the little button on the battery, all 5 lights light up, does this mean the battery is charging?

I dont have a Apple store anywhere close to where I live, I am still hopeful someone can help me here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Alas sure looks like bigger problems that a battery. Either a failed power supply or logic board are first diagnosis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
I 've been charging the new battery for days, still wont start. When I press the little button on the battery, all 5 lights light up, does this mean the battery is charging?

I dont have a Apple store anywhere close to where I live, I am still hopeful someone can help me here.

I think harry is right, sounds like a hardwear problem :(
Here is the link for aplle suport: Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well they will do the work at a cost. No water spills or anything like that?

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a 2009 era Macbook pro. After I connect it to the power (the green light is lit up) and then press the power on button, the laptop does not power up. I tried long press, short press, nothing works. No lights light up on the laptop when i press the power button, and there is no startup music or anything like that. This is the same whether I am starting with a battery or without a battery.

.....Sadly, and as described above, the laptop does not power up, with or without the battery.

Any ideas and suggestions, will be much appreciated!

I have this same problem with my early 2008 MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Model 4,1. This actually sounds like the same machine you have. Does yours have silver keys?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.