Dock is blocking open/close buttons

Reaction score
How do I prevent the dock from blocking my open/cancel buttons when I try to open a file in Chrome. Please see the image below:
ScreenShot2013-05-01at80242PM.png

As you can see in the bottom of the image, the dock is blocking the buttons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Press Command + Option + D and you will hide the Dock. Hit those keys again and it will come back.

OP
L
Reaction score
That works but it'd be great if somehow you could have the file window readjust/resize so that the buttons are above or on top of the dock.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, it looks like you're running Chrome in full screen mode. Hold on a second.... I just opened Chrome to make sure and yes, that's what you're doing.

Move your cursor toward the top of the screen until the top menu appears. Click on the blue opposing arrows to reduce Chrome back to regular screen size. Once there, adjust Chrome so that it's smaller in width and length. And don't run it full screen. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Is that a single finder window or is it a drop down from another App you select your file then open or cancel ??
If its the later, then i has to do with that particular App UI and there is not much you can do about it.
if its just a single finder window goto a corner and hover the cursor over it then click and drag to resize.
You could even try this if it is the drop down too but i don't think it will work ……. Cant hurt

Cheers

EDIT : Looks like Charlie picked it :)

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like you're running Chrome in full screen mode. Hold on a second.... I just opened Chrome to make sure and yes, that's what you're doing.

Move your cursor toward the top of the screen until the top menu appears. Click on the blue opposing arrows to reduce Chrome back to regular screen size. Once there, adjust Chrome so that it's smaller in width and length. And don't run it full screen. :)

My Chrome browser wasn't in full screen.

OP
L
Reaction score
Is that a single finder window or is it a drop down from another App you select your file then open or cancel ??
If its the later, then i has to do with that particular App UI and there is not much you can do about it.
if its just a single finder window goto a corner and hover the cursor over it then click and drag to resize.
You could even try this if it is the drop down too but i don't think it will work ……. Cant hurt

Cheers

EDIT : Looks like Charlie picked it :)

Thanks so much!!! That worked. I was trying to open a file in Chrome and I was able to resize the file selection window by clicking a dragging the border to resize the window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks so much!!! That worked. I was trying to open a file in Chrome and I was able to resize the file selection window by clicking a dragging the border to resize the window.
Welcome . . . :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.