Word 2011 APA References Incorrect

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums and unfortunately I have an issue that I cannot figure out. I have a MacBook Air (my first Mac) with Word 2011 and I am having issues with the reference feature, and I refuse to believe that I'm the only one that has noticed this. I'm a doctoral student and am constantly writing papers in APA format. When entering in references in the reference manager it does not ask all of the required information for proper APA 6th Edition format. APA format calls for either a "retrieved from" or "doi" to be entered in at the end of the reference. On my PC with Word 2010 it has a block for either of these, but on Word 2011 it does not. I'm thinking that there is something I'm missing because I cannot believe that a programmer would work so hard on a reference manager and not understand proper APA format. I am having to manually enter in all sections Word 2011 does not and it is a pain in the butt. I would rather not use a separate program like EndNote. Also, every now and then when I put in an in text citation, it is wrong. For example, if I put in all of the required information to build the reference, and put it in the text it will show up as (Hendrickson, 2010, Mass Production). For some reason it puts the title of the work in the in text citation? I don't understand it because it only happens every now and then. Thanks in advance guys.

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.