Any solution to not update timestamps ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to list when files and folders on an external drive were accessed the last time, without that my own browsing of the folders updates the timestamps.

I imaged the hard drive (at low level), so that I currently have a true clone of it.
I however want to access the clone in "read-only" mode, not updating timestamps if possible.

Strangely, Linux Knoppix does not recognize any valid partition table (contrarily to what happened for some other Mac drives), but connecting the drive to a Mac, the folders are still listed. So, there still must be a valid partitions table.

I'm looking for something like following Linux commands :
sudo -i
fdisk -l
mount -r -o noatime,nodiratime,noiversion /dev/sdb1 /mnt/MyMountPoint
ls -la

Any solution to the fact that "fdisk -l" is not able to find the partition table for disk /sdb ?
Or any way to mount the drive on the Mac without updating timestamps ?

Thank you for your help.

OP
G
Reaction score
[Solved ] Any solution to not update timestamps ?

"fdisk -l" was not working for the external drive as the first partition had an unrecognized filesystem, but GParted showed me that was interesting me was on /dev/sdb3 and formatted hfs+.

So, the Linux command to mount the partition read-only, without updating timestamps is :
Code:
mount -r -t hfsplus -o noatime,nodiratime,noiversion /dev/sdb3 /mnt/MyMountPoint

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.