Folder Issue

Reaction score
My boss's computer has a problem with her Home Pictures directory. For some reason it doesn't open, instead it asks "open with..." It's like it doesn't recognize it as a directory. When she backs it up onto her harddrive it comes up as an unknown file- and has nothing inside of it-no sub-directories are therefore attached. However, when I do a search on her computer all the sub-directories show up and the path is shown as valid (i.e. Pictures->SubFolder->2013->May->1.jpg). If I click on the pictures folder in the path- the same thing- "open with..." but if I open "SubFolder" all the files are clear and open. I hope I'm doing alright explaining this. Is there a way to fix it? A way around it? Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
P
Reaction score
When I look into the folder info it tells me the kind of file it is is a package...if this helps

OP
P
Reaction score
this fixed it!

run the following terminal command. it will turn the Pictures folder back into a regular folder

xattr -d com.apple.FinderInfo ~/Pictures

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.