Mountain Lion HP 7510 Printer Problem

Reaction score
Briefly:

Just installed Mountain Lion 10.8.3. everything working fine except........

HP 7510 Printer wirelessly connected will not print.

System Preferences recognizes the device but double clicking the printer icon in the dock
used to open the print queue .....now nothing.

Have rebooted everything......printer will print the test page etc. just wont print any documents.

Typically, a problem with a document in the queue is solved by deleting that doc.....but you need to be able to open the print queue.

Please advise.

Thank you.

D/D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have three printers. When I open System Preferences, Print & Scan, and then highlight the printer that I want to obtain info on, a box appears that states "Open Print Queue" and another which states "Options and Supplies". Are those two boxes appearing when you highlight your HP 7510? (I'm using 10.8.3)

OP
O
Reaction score
Mountain Lion + HP Printer

Thank you for responding.

Yes, a window does open with the Open Print Queue command.

Nothing listed in the Print Queue after sending several docs.

Searched for and found HP Drivers downloadable from Apple which support the HP 7510 All in One and successfully installed.

Was not requested to Restart?

Selected a random document from my correspondence file and it printed.

Perhaps problem solved........tested printed an email message and that was also successful.

The only curious event is when the command to print in made a different printer icon emerges from the original 7510 icon with a small red accented numeral 1, which I presume refers to the document to be printed, and then printing commences.........after printing it disappears.

Also I observed that double clicking on the original HP icon in the Dock creates a new Task Bar heading titled "Printer Proxy"........ unsure what this is or what it does.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,
D/D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also I observed that double clicking on the original HP icon in the Dock creates a new Task Bar heading titled "Printer Proxy"........ unsure what this is or what it does.

I'm really not sure what you've done but you shouldn't have the HP Printer listed in your Dock. You assign the HP printer as your default printer in System Preferences, Print & Scan. The only time an icon of the printer will appear in the Dock is when it's actually printing. As soon as printing is over or when the queue is empty, the icon will disappear from the Dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.