wireless network problem

H

heabrook

Hi,

I have my iMac connected to my home wireless network. I have a network ssid and a wep key. I've had my Mac for several months now without any problems, but just recently I have noticed that without permission the internect connection would suddenly change from my network to another (called "linksys", must be someones router transmitting from somewhere in the neighborhood).

How can I stop this? Also, usually when I turn my Mac on, it automatically connects to my network, but it doesn't do that anymore. Now I have to re-enter my ssid and wep key each time I turn the computer on, and each time it switches to a different network.

Thanks in advance... not sure why it is doing this...

OP
H

heabrook

Hi

Thanks for the info. It seems to be fixed now. Somehow "linksys" was put in the preferred networks, and it was switching to it (why.. I don't know). Plus I turned off the automatically switch to preferred networks.

Glad to solve that problem.. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Maybe it wasn't as much of a problem as you thought... how good is your neighbor's bandwidth?

;)

KIDDING!!!!

OP
H

heabrook

Ha.. actually, the unknown network's signal was much worse.. that's one of the things that pondered me, why would it switch to a network with a horrible signal? only because it was on the preferred networks list, I guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.