Macbook Air not Charging

Reaction score
About a year ago my macbook air started having trouble charging, I would plug it in and nothing would happen and then eventually if I unplugged it and replugged it enough times it would normally start charging again. Until it stopped working entirely. So I took it to the apple store and they gave me a new charger. A couple months later,however, I started having the same problem. This time I did a little more investigating, I found that my charger worked perfectly in other peoples macs and even stranger their chargers didn't seem to have any trouble charging mine. Then I had to go back to school and I figured I would just have to deal with it there but when I got to school the problem just went away, I never had any trouble getting it to charge until now. It's been about five months since I last had the problem but recently I haven't seemed to be able to get my charger to work until I unplug it and replug it many times. I'm worried that eventually it will just stop charging altogether like it did the first time. Any idea whats going on here? I'm totally stumped by the whole thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
My older MBP does that, I just wiggle it around in the magnetic slot until it gets a green light.Sorry if that doesn't help that much, it's abit of a trail & error situation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Have you tried cleaning the magsafe connector and port? That would be the first thing that i would try, if that doesnt work try a different charger. and finally if that does not work i would contact apple and see what they have to say about it. If you are still in warranty then it should be covered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.